|The Readit Wand in action|
The text display is highly customisable. Options include:
- magnification level
- text and background colour
- various layouts (original, fit window, single line, single column)
When a book or document has been 'recognised' the results can be saved in a native format which preserves any pictures as images, but converts the words to text. There are also various export options including Microsoft Word, rich text format, PDF, plain text and mp3.
The software can also work with documents that are already in electronic format, so for instance it can enlarge and read aloud a Word document or PDF file.
It was a very impressive demonstration showing that:
- the system is very easy to use,
- can cope with books that won't lie flat
- and works intelligently at a speed that should make it very usable.
More information on the Readit Wand can be found on the VisionAid Technologies website.