Taking place between 25th-28th June, the University of Sheffield's festival of Technology Enhanced Learning is in its 5th year, and welcoming delegates from external institutions for the first time.
The 25th June sees a skills day, for University of Sheffield staff to learn more about the various systems available to them, closing with workshops on Blackboard's forthcoming Ally tool for accessibility, and the online content tool Xerte. This is followed by the full conference, open to internal and external delegates, from 26th-28th.
We have a packed and exciting lineup this year, with highlights including:
- Keynote speaker David Webster (University of Gloucestershire) on 'Tightrope Walkers: Social Media, Equity, and Educational Practice'.
- Have I Got TEL News For You, presented by our resident TELFest gameshow host Professor Wyn Morgan.
- Sessions highlighting the playful side of teaching and learning, with workshops on Digital Storytelling, educational Escape Rooms, and Creative Play.
- Introductions to the Diamond Building's VR Suite and Student-run Makerspace.
- As always, the Innovation Corner exhibition to end proceedings.
This is as well as sessions on flipped learning, e-portfolios, online assessment, TEL's role in student mental health, VLE frameworks, active learning, creative commons, virtual reality, lecture recording, course design, webinars, feedback, creative media, video sharing, accessibility, learning analytics, students as creators, educational apps, social media, online exams, student engagement, ethics and more!
We hope you can join us! For the full agenda, and to register, see http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/telfest